This is the same storm system that’s responsible for loss of life and property in the Midwest yesterday.
- Stay away from open windows, downed power lines, and trees if the storm should hit your area.
- Tornado Watch means weather conditions may produce a tornado.
- Tornado Warning means one has been spotted.
- If you don’t have a basement, and most homes don’t in our area, come down from the upper levels and get in a spot where you have interior walls around you. Stay away from exterior walls (rooms with a window or door).
- Keep extra batteries, flashlights, candles and a portable radio to keep you informed until utilities are restored.
- Keep extra drinking water, and food that won’t spoil on hand.
- Keep a fire extinguisher and first aid kit handy as well.