For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. – Isaiah 9:6
When a loved one celebrates a birthday, I try to go all out to show them appreciation and love on their special day, especially if it’s a child. Well today is Jesus’ special day and I want to go all out with celebrating His birthday. Usually at birthday celebrations, the participants reflect on the honoree’s life. People tend to go back to when that person did something good, newsworthy, noteworthy or situation changing. Jesus! This post is for you!
*Tink *Tink *Tink – That’s me tapping the side of my glass trying to get everyone who attended to hear a short speech about the life of Jesus.
- Jesus. You were around from the beginning.
- Many Old Testament leaders, prophets and Kings talked about you long before you were born.
- At the right and precise time you were born of a woman who was chosen to carry the Savior of this world.
- When you were a boy, everyone thought you were getting huffy with your mother when they thought they lost you, but found you in a temple.
- You grew up and started doing things that amazed some people and need I say you made some people pretty anhgry at you too. But that’s okay because you always told the truth your Father gave you, so that was a turnoff to those who wanted to live a lie rather than the truth.
- There were a lot of people who were sick without any hope of being healed. You loved them so much that you healed them.
- There were a lot of people who were tormented by spirits sent by the devil. You delivered them.
- There were a lot of people who didn’t know how to love properly. You taught them.
- One day there were more than 5,000 hungry people and you fed them all with just 5 loaves and 2 fish. But that’s not all. There were leftovers!
- You walked on water.
- You healed a woman who was sick with a blood issue for 12 years.
- You gave blind people their sight.
- And when it was time, you voluntarily suffered pain and agony even though you didn’t do anything but love us enough to die in our place.
- And this is what sets you apart from any friend I have…YOU DIED AND CAME BACK TO LIFE!!!
- And you ascended to heaven, promising that whoever believes in you will have eternal life.
- And I wait for you to come back so we can have an even bigger celebration!
- One more thing My Lord. If we tried to write about all of what you did, the world wouldn’t have enough room to store all the books!
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. – John 21:25
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!!! – I love you.
Merry Christmas to all of my family and friends. I love you guys too!